Written by Company news | 11 February, 2019
| Posted in
- The Charlotte Street Hotel in Fitzrovia celebrates Bloomsbury’s literary past by, in its own words, drawing ‘its inspiration from the misfit group of novelists and artists to create a hotel that’s artsy, decadent, but most of all, homely.’ The fabulous cocktail lounge is a perfect place to begin your Valentine date.
- If the surroundings of the hotel leave you feeling inspired to find out more about the Bloomsbury Set, why not seek out Fitzroy Square with your loved one, a beautiful Georgian garden surrounded by homes that once belonged to writers including Virginia Woolf and E.M. Forster.
- If you’re make it an overnight stay in the area you’ll be able to take a trip to Covent Garden to soak up the vibrant atmosphere in the market and any number of cafes, bars and restaurants.
- Whilst there, be sure to seek out the North Piazza, where there is a giant floral heart installation in place until Thursday 21st February. Created by Maison de Fleurs, it is called ‘Love Letters to London’ and comes complete with a hidden letterbox, where you and your loved one can post a note to tell the Capital all the reasons why you love it.
- If you’re looking to impress a first date with a quirky venue, why not visit The Riding House Café on Great Titchfield Street. The café features secluded, romantic areas for private dining – and if you’re out in a group with fellow singletons, there is also a grand, candelabra-lit communal dining table available, perfect for a fun night out with friends.
- Continuing the quirky theme, Bubbledogs on Charlotte Street would offer a great talking point on a first date: as you might have guessed from the name, the menu consists of champagne and hot dogs!
- Further towards Holborn, the Fleet River Bakery serves delicious homemade cakes and great pastries if you’re looking for a delicious way to spend your date on a budget.
- For those in search of an achingly hip place to impress, look no further than Hoxton Holborn Hotel; the Hubbard & Bell Italian deli-style restaurant is located in their lobby and is a superb place for an early evening cocktail with your Valentine date.
- Romantic Andrew Edmunds restaurant on Soho’s Lexington Street continues to attract lovers of good food and wine, with its cosy, candlelit tables and contemporary European menu.
- Find your perfect home to fall in love with here.
Tags: Bloomsbury, Covent Garden, Fitzroy Square, Holborn, Love, Valentine