Written by Company news | 11 February, 2019
| Posted in
- It’s an obvious suggestion, but for some high-octane romantic glamour a table overlooking South Bank at OXO Tower Restaurant is guaranteed to wow your date on Valentine’s Day.
- For something slightly more low-key, take a trip to The Old King’s Head pub at 45-49 Borough High Street for a love-themed evening called ‘The Lore of Love’ on 14th February: the venue is playing host to a South East London Folklore Society event which promises ‘some voodoo and love charms thrown in’.
- Why not meet under the clock at Waterloo Station and head to Embankment for a romantic Valentine stroll. If you’re planning to eat out, you’ll be spoilt for choice at The Cut (try The Anchor & Hope for great gastro food) or Gabriel’s Wharf for a wide selection of independent cafes and restaurants.
- If you’d prefer a daytime mooch in the area then take a walk along Lower Marsh and pick up some street food from the wonderful array of market stalls on weekdays. From there, it’s an easy walk along to Leake Street Arches to take in some amazing urban art and grab a drink at one of the independent underground bars.
- Continuing the market theme, Borough Market is a fantastic place for a first date. The lively atmosphere during the day provides a perfect backdrop, with plenty of delicious eats to try while you’re there; by night, there are numerous vibrant bars and restaurants to enjoy in the area.
- For a sophisticated date in a romantic setting, a visit to the Library at County Hall for afternoon tea provides superb views over the Thames.
- Work off the afternoon tea with a walk along South Bank to the Turbine Hall at Tate Modern to enjoy the latest cultural installation; you’ll be in good company, as over 60 million art lovers have visited since it opened in 2000.
- The Old Union Yard Arches are a short distance from Southwark station and have a number of restaurants including Bala Baya, a bakery in the mornings and a pitta style restaurant at lunchtime and evenings; click here for this year’s Valentine-themed menu.
- If you’re meeting your date near London Bridge, a cocktail at Oblix, located on the 32nd floor of The Shard, is the perfect way to take in the stunning views of the Capital’s skyline from east to west.
- Find your perfect home to fall in love with here.
Tags: Borough Market, Leake Street Arches, Oxo Tower Restaurant, Southbank, Valentine, Waterloo