Written by Company news | 11 February, 2019
| Posted in
- It’s often the case that people living here haven’t found time to do the tourist trail, but there really is so much to soak up here: the Millenium Bridge, Temple Church, The Monument to the Great Fire of London, the Museum of London, the Tower of London, St Paul’s Cathedral…and so much more!
- If your day of sightseeing includes a visit to St Paul’s Cathedral, take a short walk afterwards to Postman’s Park which offers a quiet setting away from the hubbub of City life; the perfect place to find a secluded bench and share a quiet moment with your loved one.
- If you’re looking for a glamourous dinner venue in the City then Fenchurch rooftop garden, located at 20 Fenchurch Street, offers a menu of contemporary British cuisine and incredible night time views across London.
- A mooch around any one of the area’s fabulous street markets is a great way to spend a first date. Why not meet at Brick Lane for a delicious slice of pizza from one of the delis…and if you’re making a late evening of it, the Big Chill Brick Lane promises a great night of dancing to the resident DJ’s latest set.
- Staying with markets, Leadenhall Market provides the perfect romantic setting; enjoy some serious retail therapy before stopping for a drink at one of the cafes or bars lining the beautiful cobbled walkways.
- If you and your friends are resolutely single this year, why not escape the City’s public displays of affection and instead pay a visit to Escape Entertainment at 5 George Yard and try your luck escaping from ‘Prohibition Pandemonium’ or ‘Bank Heist’.
- Alternatively, Swingers, located at 8 Brown’s Buildings, offers a great venue for crazy golf enthusiasts and the chance to enjoy some fantastic street food afterwards; this one comes highly recommended by our Frank Harris team!
- If you’re keen to show off a cultural side to your date, the Guildhall Art Gallery in Guildhall Yard offers the chance to take in beautiful works by Constable and Millais, as well as some of the romantic Pre-Raphaelites.
- Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium at 152-154 Bethnal Green Road offers afternoon tea with feline company! You’ll need to book in advance but it’s the perfect venue for a quirkily alternative rendezvous.
- Find your perfect home to fall in love with here.
Tags: Barbican, City, estate agent, Guildhall Yard, Leadenhall Market, Swingers, Valentine