Who we are
You might not know this but Frank Harris & Company is a trading name of JSS (London Residential) Ltd, a Limited Company registered in England & Wales (registration number 6290059) whose registered address is at 40 Queen Anne Street London W1G 9EL.
What we collect
We collect certain information or data about you. The data that we collect will be in the form of:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your contact details such as:
- your name, personal or work-related email address if you contact us online via the Frank Harris & Company Website or where you call us or visit us direct;
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, this includes which offices you choose to receive alerts from which is done by the geographical areas you select on our site in relation to sales or lettings within a certain price range;
- your name, postcode, address, telephone number and email when you book a market appraisal online;
- how you use the Frank Harris & Company Website – for example which links you click on, your IP address and details of which version of web browser you used;
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques which include information about your Internet Service Provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, the Internet Protocol (IP) or MAC address of your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device), your access times, the Frank Harris & Company page that brought you to us, the web pages you request and the date and time of those requests.
We will never ask you to provide any ‘Special Categories of Personal Data’ when using the Frank Harris & Company Website. This means information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, and data concerning your health, sex life or sexual orientation. We do not consider any of this information relevant to what we do via the Frank Harris & Company Website. However, there may be some rare and limited instances where we will collect this type of information from you, where you choose to provide it to us, in connection with your relationship with us. Where this occurs we will ensure that we do so with your explicit consent and in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How we receive your information
The information that we hold may be supplied by you directly to us by telephone, office visit or e-mail. We may also have information that has been supplied to us by third parties for marketing purposes where you have selected to have your information shared in this way. This may be where you have signed up to or made an enquiry through Rightmove, Zoopla or any similar property portal and your information is passed to us in connection with a property you are interested in, on that portal but which is managed by Frank Harris & Company.
Why we need your information
JSS (London Residential) Ltd trading as Frank Harris & Company collect and use your personal data, so that we can:
- Contact you;
- Register you to receive our services and provide you with our services;
- Analyse your personal preferences and personalise our services to you;
- Reply to any requests for information that you ask us for;
- Clarify any particular query;
- Resolve any problems with services that we may supply to you;
- Manage your account;
- Supply details of any product or service within the JSS (London Residential) Ltd group of offices only that we believe may meet your needs;
- Cross check any information that we receive with that held on our database; and
- Serve marketing information or updates about market conditions on a regular basis which we feel would be of interest or use to you.
How we may use this information
We primarily use your information in order to provide our services to you which include the following:
- Helping you to sell your property;
- Helping you to buy a property;
- Helping you let your property;
- Helping you rent a property;
- Providing Valuations and market appraisals;
- Helping you with land sales and acquisitions;
- Referring to our associated finance brokers;
- Providing bespoke property searches;
- To communicate with you, including sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You will be able to opt-out of such communications at any time; this can be done by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link or by contacting us by email, phone, or in person to confirm you would like to opt-out.
- To validate your information (and in some cases match it against information that has been collected by other members of JSS (London Residential) Ltd)
- To comply with any legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Assisting you with leasehold enfranchisements;
- Providing strategic advice in relation to a number of property matters;
- Referring to our associated Interior Design Agency, Alexander James (Contract Interiors) Ltd for assistance with any interior furnishing requirements;
- Referring you to a developer;
- Referring your details to a third party reference checking service in order to let a property to you; or
- Referring your details to a third party inventory clerk.
Please note that the provision of some of these services will be subject to further terms and conditions, for example where you ask us to arrange private finance. In this case we may ask you to sign further documentation and your details may be passed to credit reference agencies and the underlying financial provider for review. Please ensure you read the relevant documentation in connection with a particular service, where this is provided to you, so that you understand how your information will be used for that particular service.
We sometimes run marketing campaigns which use the data we collect to target Frank Harris & Company banners and adverts to you when you are on certain other websites (this is known as Digital Marketing Re-targeting). We do this by using a range of digital marketing networks and advert exchanges, and advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers. The banners and adverts you are served will be based on your previous visits to our website and which pages you landed on, or clicked on.
Our legal basis for processing your information
The legal basis which relates to our use and other processing of your Personal Data under applicable Data Protection Laws may include (as relevant):
- Processing that is necessary for performance of a contract: This includes such things as administering and managing your account where you either sign up online with us, on the phone or in person and the services relating to that;
- Processing that is necessary for our own legitimate interests or those of third parties– such as:
- for management and audit of our business operations;
- for market research and analysis, developing statistics; and
- for our own direct marketing communications which we send to you about our own products and services.
- Processing that is necessary to comply with a legal obligation – such as:
- to process your request for Personal Data or when you seek to exercise your rights under Data Protection Laws; or
- for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Processing that is based on your consent – such as:
- When we collect your data for our direct marketing communications about products and services available from the JSS (London Residential) Ltd group or from other third parties such as our associated mortgage brokers.
- Where in very limited circumstances you provide us with special categories of data.
Who do we share your information with?
JSS (London Residential) Ltd trading as Frank Harris & Company will share your data with the following category of recipients:
- Financial companies such as banks, where you ask us to arrange a mortgage for you;
- Third party property website portals such as Rightmove;
- Professional advisers;
- Our service providers who process and store data on our behalf;
- Third party testimonial gatherers;
- Third party e-communication providers;
- Third party tenant referencing companies;
- Various contractors who require your information to carry out a service which will aid in the sale or let of your property such as inventory clerks, gas engineers, professional photographers etc;
- Our associated Interior Design Agency; or
- Property Developers.
At certain times we ask our clients to provide online testimonials or reviews about the service they have received from Frank Harris & Company. In the interests of best practice this review is requested by a recognised third party testimonial gatherer; this is done by them contacting our clients by email on the email address we have provided to them. Please see Feefo’s terms & conditions relating to personal data www.feefo.com/en-GB/terms. At certain times these testimonials are used for other online or print marketing purposes; we protect our clients’ identity by ensuring that actual names are not provided in the reviews.
We will not share your Personal Data with any other organisations for marketing outside of those listed above, market research or commercial purposes. We may share your personal data in the event that our business, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, (in which case personal information about players or marketing prospects might be one of the transferred assets).
At times, we pass on ‘non-personally identifiable information’ to third parties in order to collect statistical data for the purposes of online retargeting.
How long do we keep your data
JSS (London Residential) Ltd trading as Frank Harris & Company will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was initially gathered, and in line with any further choices you have indicated about how we should handle your Personal Data. This includes retaining it in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and in case of legal claims.
The criteria we use to determine data retention periods for your Personal Data includes the following:
- retention in case of queries – for example, where you contact us to receive further information about the way we handle your data);
- retention in case of claims – for the period in which you might legally bring claims against us which can be 6 years;
- retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements – after your agreement with us has come to an end; and
- retention in relation to (repeat) purchase cycles in the property industry; and
- to stay in touch about your property requirements on an ongoing basis, where you have selected to receive these.
Third party sites
Automated decision making and profiling
JSS (London Residential) Ltd trading as Frank Harris & Company does not employ the use of profiling or automated decision making.
Your rights in relation to your information
Your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed about your Processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to have your Personal Data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete Personal Data completed;
- the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to restrict Processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to have your Personal Data erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- the right to request access to your Personal Information and to obtain information about how we process it;
- the right to move, copy or transfer your Personal Data (“Data Portability”); and
- rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling.
Where you have provided your consent, for example to marketing, you are free at any time to withdraw your consent where that is relied upon as the lawful reason for Processing your Personal Data. To do this you will need to contact by telephone, email, writing, or in person, the branch or branches of Frank Harris & Company that you provided your Personal Data to, to withdraw your consent or click “unsubscribe” on the direct marketing email you may have received. Please note that if you do withdraw your consent and there is no alternative lawful reason which justifies our Processing of your Personal Data for a particular purpose, it may mean that you cannot receive some marketing communications.
If you wish to have your information removed from our database either permanently or temporarily, please advise the office with which you originally registered. Your information will be removed as soon as is practically possible.
If you have signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time. If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please click the link from the confirmation email or from an alert received. You can also contact a Frank Harris & Company branch by phone or in person to unsubscribe or change your settings within business hours.
Transfers of your information outside of the EEA
If we transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) (as it is made up from time to time) we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect that transfer, such as contractual obligations being imposed on the recipients of your Personal Data. Those obligations require the recipient to protect your Personal Data to the standard required in the EEA. Safeguards also include requiring the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing and where the framework is the means of protection for the personal information.
Frank Harris & Company is committed to having a high level of security in place to protect against the level of risk posed by the processing of Personal Data. When you register your details, we will take all reasonable steps to keep these details secure and free from unauthorised access by use of technology and internal systems which will be updated as new technology becomes available and is appropriate to our systems.
While we take efforts to safeguard your Personal Data which are consistent with relevant Data Protection Laws, the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee absolutely the security of any Personal Data you disclose online. Any Personal Data that you send via the Frank Harris & Company Website to us is sent at your own risk.
If you simply have a query about any aspect of this policy or wish to have any part of it clarified, please contact your local branch office.
In the unlikely event that you have a complaint about the way in which your details are used or stored by this company, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: The Chief Executive of JSS (London Residential) Ltd – Nicholas Butterworth, at:
JSS (London Residential) Ltd
17c Curzon Street
London W1J 5HU
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages on the Frank Harris & Company Website:
The different types of cookies that exist are as follows:
- Cookies strictly necessary for functionality of the Frank Harris & Company Website platform. These cookies are essential in order to enable users to move around the Frank Harris & Company Website and use its features.
- Performance cookies which collect information about how users navigate the Frank Harris & Company Website, for instance which pages users access most frequently. They identify how users interact with the Frank Harris & Company Website, find out which pages seem to hold people up, which pages are not used often, which pages take a long time to load, what pages users tend to visit and in what order.
- Functionality cookies which allow the Frank Harris & Company Website to remember choices made by a user based on e.g. language or region of user.
- Targeting or advertising cookies used on the Frank Harris & Company Website to deliver adverts relevant to an identified machine or other device (not a named or otherwise identifiable person) which are tailored to interests associated with the Frank Harris & Company Website activity tied to that machine or device. For example, if a cookie on a third party Frank Harris & Company Website recognises that a particular product was purchased from a particular device, that cookie may “talk to” marketing cookies on the Frank Harris & Company Website to ensure advertisements about similar products are displayed when the Frank Harris & Company Website is accessed from that device. These cookies are also used to limit the number of times a user sees an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They may also remember that the Frank Harris & Company Website has been visited from a device and share that information with marketing organisations. They may be used to monitor from which advertising source a user was first directed towards the Frank Harris & Company Website, so that the operator of the Frank Harris & Company Website knows whether it is worth investing in a particular advertising source. Usually this type of cookie will be operated by a third party.
http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ is a user-friendly site which explains the terms used.
The different types of impact that cookies can have on your privacy are as follows:
Privacy neutral cookies or basic cookies or session cookies
Have no privacy impact: e.g. cookies which simply allow you to improve your Frank Harris & Company Website experience based on information such as which links are used or which pages are visited most frequently; cookies to maintain user preferences; cookies which keep a registered user logged into the site; cookies which remember a user’s machine when he/it returns to the site. Implied consent is usually adequate for these.
More intrusive cookies will have a privacy impact:
Such as cookies which monitor patterns of buying specific goods or interest in eg holidays or hobbies. This is how a user’s habits are “recognised” by the Frank Harris & Company Website. These cookies facilitate tailored marketing (eg Mr X buys one type of music or one type of product online; advertising space on other sites will then recognise his machine when he uses it to visit them and those other sites can advertise the same type of music or products to him).
These cookies run advertisements tailored to the user based on his buying habits on the Frank Harris & Company Website. This is what happens when a user shopping on the Frank Harris & Company Website sees adverts pop up which relate to items he has just purchased on eg Amazon.
Cookies are either stored in memory (session cookies) or placed on the user’s hard disk (persistent cookies). The key difference between the two is the time of expiration. Session cookies expire at the end of the session, i.e. when a user closes his browser window, the session cookie is deleted. Persistent cookies do not expire at the end of the session and remain on the hard disk. Session cookies allow users to be recognised within the Frank Harris & Company Website so any page changes or item or data selection are remembered from page to page.
What cookies do Frank Harris & Company use?
Below are details of the cookies used by this website and provides a description of how they work:
- Google Analytics (utmz, utma, utmb, utmc)
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of our website and compile reports for us on activity of our website.
How do I restrict or delete cookies? The cookies we use are essential for parts of the website to operate, some may have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this website, but please be aware that restricting or deleting cookies may impact on the functionality of the website. Your web browser may allow you to restrict or delete cookies set by this website. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org which provides general information about cookies and how you can manage cookies on your computer.
Use of Pixels on our website: A pixel is an analytics tool that allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising by understanding the actions people take on our website. At certain times, we use a pixel to assess visitor journeys, which allows us to run online advertising campaigns that retarget our site visitors, and a wider targeted audience, with relevant marketing information.